Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Double Digits


How did time go by so quickly??!!  I remember when you were 3, just barely to my mid-thigh, holding onto my knee and hiding behind my leg.  You could speak very little English, you had just come home from Russia - but somehow you knew every word I spoke.  They never taught you English there.  They say it was more my tone than my words.  I disagree.  Love is the universal language where you need no translators.

We have been through so much since then.  You have grown - and grown! - into my handsome little man.  You have learned so much, laughed so hard, cried at your sorrows and jumped at your joys.  You have experienced victories as well as losses, friendships and crazy school trials.   

SO much more awaits you.  You will have many more ups and downs as you continue to grow.  But I cannot wait to see the person you will grow up to be.  I know God has BIG plans for you!!

I am so proud to call you my son.  I love you more than words.  Happy Birthday, Baby!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...