Saturday, June 1, 2013

Fashion Runway Birthday Party

We had to have Emma's birthday party early this year.  10 days early.  Not a normal occurance, but our schedules lately, ugh.... 

But we still celebrated in style even though it was early.  Literally - in style.  For Emma's 7th birthday, she wanted a "Fashion Runway" party.  She has never watched Project Runway with me, but the day after the show airs, I sometimes show her online pictures of the designs.  She always calls the show "Fashion Runway".  So when she asked me for this party, I knew exactly what she meant.

For as much as I love planning kids parties, I had to think about this a little bit.  How could little girls make their own dresses?  I certainly wasn't going to help them sew.  Cutting up fabric would be a mess.  Then it hit me - grown up TShirts could easily be turned into "Little Black Dresses" for little girls, and they could have fun embellishing them.  Perfect.

We started with Black TShirts.  I bought Jr. Fit so they wouldn't be swimming in them.  The girls could add trim, duct tape, jewels, flowers, etc.  I used fabric glue, but it didn't dry fast enough.  There is probably a better answer, but not sure what??




 They really got into this!  Some girls could've embellished all day if I had let them!

Once the dresses were created, they got to add their finishing touches:  sunglasses, necklaces, rings, earrings, bracelets....



Then they had a runway waiting for them!  But first - one last look.  And a reminder to remember to smile!



And they did take that one last look, too cute!

Look at this cute runway!  They are actually plastic tablecloths from Oriental Trading. 


Oh my goodness, what a blast the girls had modeling their new dresses!

The crowd approved...

And so did the papparazzi!

Complete with a strobe light!  Not sure the girls understood it was supposed to be cameras flashing, haha.  I actually stood right next to this and took their pictures as each girl came down the runway - and then used their pictures as thank you notes.  Cutest thank-you's ever!

A fashionista party wouldn't be complete without cupcakes with pink glitter sprinkles. (Edible of course, lol)


Happy Birthday my Baby Girl!  I can't believe you are already 7.  I hope you had fun at your Fashion Runway Party.  And I hope you realize that you are beautiful - no matter what you are wearing!!  I love you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...