Monday, April 13, 2015

To everything there is a season


There's this funny thing about life:  it goes on.

I almost forgot that I have a blog.  Life from a few years ago, frozen in time.  Stories that I am so glad I put into words - still there.  Waiting for me, reminding me of what was. 

How did life fast forward?  Why did I stop typing?

Both questions demand answers, yet I don't know.

If only I could rewind.  Slow things down.  Then hit the pause button.  Record the million things that have happened in the last few years that I now struggle to recall.

Instead, I sit in front of my life on a screen reading and pondering and remembering.  Those days so long ago seem so fresh again.  To have those days again.....  You know, people warned me of this:  "Enjoy this time, the days go so fast!"  To which I would think, "Yeah right, I haven't showered yet today and do you know how much laundry I have done?!?  How can I enjoy that?!?"

Some things have changed; some have stayed the same.  Some things have gotten harder; some things have gotten easier. We have all gotten older, and maybe not any wiser.  Through it all, though, life goes on.

Life goes on. 

Whether I record the details or not, life goes on.
Whether I appreciate life's current season or not, life goes on.
Whether I wish I could slow down time or hurry it up, life goes on.

As life continues to go on, I hope that I remember to record some details again.  Because sometimes, just sometimes, we are able to grab that pause button just for a little while and remember where we have been.  Where we have come from.  And see a little glimpse of where we are going.

To everything there is a season. I want to live them all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...