Thursday, August 12, 2010

Our little getaway



We look good Amish, don't you think?

We had a great time on our little getaway. The shows were fantastic. I mean seriously fantastic. If you ever have a chance to go to Lancaster, I highly recommend going to Sight and Sound Theater. Wow. Just wow. It wasn't our first time there, but they wow us every time.

I don't know how to get the link in here directly but go to www.sight-sound.com to check it out.

The kids did really well in the car. I always dread car trips - but they didn't even give me a headache this time. ha. I had a lot to keep them occupied - plus the DVD player. How did our parents ever do roadtrips without one???



We kept ourselves busy doing touristy things but also found some time just to relax by the pool. Five minutes after getting there, the kids were swimming in the pool while I had a margarita pool-side. It doesn't get much better than that. Well, except there weren't any palm trees!

We don't get many family photos so we really tried this time. Not too bad! At least no one is picking their noses or poking someone in the ear. I really wonder what the trick is, though, to get everyone to smile - and look - at the same time???







No vacation is complete without ice cream! There was a gorgeous Amish teenage? early-20's? girl working at this ice cream place. I can only imagine how beautiful she'd be if she wore makeup and American clothes. (Not that makeup and clothes make a person, but you know what I am saying....) Usually it is hard to see their faces under their hats but she really was striking.



We saw both Psalms of David and Joseph. Psalms of David was more like a dancing / music show and they had these ribbon things. Luke LOVED them and had to buy one at the souvenir shop. Please don't tell him they're for girls - he has no clue!! I can't get away with this kind of innocent stuff much longer, I'm afraid :(



We also went to a farm. It is still a working farm (didn't see that part) but they have transformed a lot of the fields to a play area. It was really fun! Can you see our faces on the slide? Too funny!











What a great memories.



2 comments:

Jthemilker said...

Thanks for sharing. It looks like you really did have a fabulous time. You have such a sweet family. I love the last picture the best... a different perspective that will also fade in time. :( They are so precious!

Mrs. Munchkin said...

I LOVE the Amish family photo! Too cute!

I got your email. I will be happy to write a post or two. I haven't had time to respond-so sorry! Tony out of town 4th wk in a row. At least 2 more to go...maybe 3 or 4. He is home on weekends.

I am going away to Daytona for a Mom-cation-ha! Just another gal and myself. Leaving Friday, coming back Tuesday...NO KIDS!!

So, all of that to say-I am here, I got your email...

Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...