Sunday, October 28, 2012

Trunk or Treat

Our church had Trunk or Treat tonight.  The cars park in the church parking lot, decorate their trunks and pass out candy to the trick-or-treaters.  They think there were about 550 people there!  It was a rainy, cold night. Brrrrr.  I wish Halloween was in the summer! 

Truth be told, I wish every day was summer!!

And so... the theme of our trunk:  the beach.  My sister-in-law and I turned her trunk into a beach.  With lots of plastic accents, we made it happen.



Sis-in-law to the left with her Hawaiian shirt over her hoodie and gloves on!

Me behind Mario in my grass skirt and bikini top - over my sweater and winter coat!  

There were lots of creative ideas:  Alice in Wonderland, The 60's (they carried around a sign that said, 'Bare Feet, Not Arms' - hysterical!), The Duck Hunters, Cowboys, Shrek.  Plus lots more.

The best part of the night:  the Golden Gourd Contest.  All the trick or treaters voted for their favorite trunk.  And the winner was.....  Drum roll, please...... Us!  I think it was only because everyone who walked past us sighed, "Oh, I wish I was there right now."  We brainwashed everyone into a win!  ha ha.

I mean, look how gorgeous this award is.  

If I didn't know what it was, well....  I wouldn't know what it was!

I forgot to take pictures of the kids in their costumes, ugh.  What kind of mother am I?!?  Hopefully I'll remember on Halloween!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...