Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Year of the Cat

Some may say it is the Year of the Snake - if you celebrate Chinese New Year.  It's not.  At least not around here.  In our house, we are celebrating the Year of the Cat.

Okay, well, maybe there aren't any celebrations.  Maybe there is just lots of meowing and hissing. 

A-not-even-exaggerated-example:
Me: "Emma, do you want chicken or tacos for dinner?"
Emma: "MEOW!"

Another-not-even-kidding-I'm-not-exaggerating-example:
Me:  "Emma, do you have any homework?"
Emma:  "MEOW!"

And the I'm-about-ready-to-lose-my-mind-quit-your-meowing-and-talk-like-a-person-example:
Me:  "Emma quit meowing and talk!  You are not a cat!"
Emma:  "HISS!  HIIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!"


My hissing cat.  I mean child.

We were in a restaurant where we saw a friend from Emma's class.  "Hello Hannah,"  I said.  To which she answered:  "Meow."  Oh goodness.  It's contagious.  So I asked Emma's teacher if her meowing was a problem in school.  The teacher told me she couldn't stand all the "kitty cats" anymore and told ALL the girls if they meow during school anymore, they will get a card flip.  Meowing is now only allowed during recess.

Someday I will look back on this and miss this.  I can't wait to miss this - because that would mean it WENT AWAY!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...