Monday, January 31, 2011

THE Worst Morning Ever

This morning started out like any other. Joe got up before any of us (when it is still dark outside - shudder!), shut the kids' bedroom doors, got ready, and left for work. I got up shortly after he left (when the sun wakes up!), got my shower, made some coffee, did some laundry.

At 8:00, I went to wake up Luke. Just like every other day. I opened his door, went in his room, looked up in his bed and he wasn't on his pillow. My heart dropped. I climbed up the ladder and moved his comforter which was all balled up. No Luke. I don't know how I didn't fall off the ladder but I lost it.

"Luke? Luke? Luke! LUKE!"

I ran out to the living room. No Luke. Back to my bedroom. No Luke. Open Emma's door. She is sleeping peacefully. No Luke.

I run back into his room, completely frantic by now. I check his window to make sure it is still locked. It is. I have no idea what to do. My heart is beating out of my chest. I turn to leave his room and look briefly at his closet.

I turn back around, stand there for a minute and then open his closet.

The dirty little sinner busts out laughing. "I tricked you mommy! I was just about ready to say, 'Hey lady, I have your kid!' (He said it in a deeper voice.) ha ha ha. I am so funny! I got you!! ha ha ha."

Oh. My. Gosh. I was about ready to GET HIM!

"Luke", I said, "I was really nervous! Feel my heart beating!"

He did. He suddenly got serious. "Why were you nervous?"

"Luke, I didn't know where you were, I thought someone took you!"

"From the house??? Yeah right!" says the kid who makes me check to make sure his window is locked at night so no one can get in while he is sleeping.

Even after finding him, hugging him, and then practically throwing him in the shower - my heart still beat out of my chest for a good half hour or more.

I can't even imagine.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...