Friday, February 11, 2011

The end of an era

My grandpa died this week. It wasn't completely unexpected since he was 89. But he had very few health problems and hadn't been sick. He had a stroke, had immense bleeding in the brain, and died 2 days later.

You just never know.

My grandma died 7 years ago. So now my parents are the old ones. Strange.

We only had one day of viewing and one day for the funeral. But I feel like this week has been 3 weeks long. I am completely exhausted.

I'm really worried about what's going to happen to the house. It's just a house - but it is a house full of memories. It needs alot of work, but the layout is fantastic and the area is highly desired. I just want a nice family to move in and make their own memories. Without knocking the house down. The area has grown quite affluent over the years and the house is 60+ years old without many recent updates. That might mean someone will want to buy the property and start fresh. Ugh. It may sound ridiculous, but I am praying someone will keep the house and fix it up.

We are a long way from that. First we have to sort through 60+ years of stuff. So in the meantime, I'm going to pray for that special family :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...