Monday, February 21, 2011

When the math doesn't add up

I've had a lot of stress lately.... so I thought I should do something productive to keep my mind off things.

I picked up Emma after preschool and we met my mom (and dad) and aunt (and uncle) at my Grandpa's house. There is 60+ years of sorting to do there. It will obviously take some time - but it is definitely a good distraction. Granted, the reason we are now sorting is a source of stress in itself, but....

My dad went to Home Depot. When he got back, I opened the kitchen door for him and I heard sleet hitting the grass and sidewalk. I thought, "I've got to get home before this gets worse!" I called Joe and it was already worse at home - Luke's bus was 20 minutes late. He said it was snowing pretty good.

We left immediately. It wasn't bad, just some sleet mixed in with rain. But by the time I got to the highway - 15 minutes away - I couldn't see the interstate. It was covered in snow.

It usually takes me an hour and 15 minutes to get home. Today it took 5 hours!

I have never seen anything like it. The snow was coming so fast and so furious. The highway was at a standstill. I couldn't see and there was nowhere to go. Once I got off the highway, my windshield wipers got covered with ice and I'd have to stop to clean them off - but I couldn't see to stop! It was awful.

I'm more than ready for spring. Or a vacation. It's been a crazy long winter.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...