Friday, April 22, 2011

Behavior Chart

We like to write things down around here. It helps us stay focused. We have house rules written on a chalk board in the kitchen. We've had chore charts and behavior charts. Stickers fill up the chart, and when it is full, there is a prize.

We start out really well, but soon the chart is stuck to the fridge with missing stickers and not much accountability.... and my good intentions get lost. Again.

Our most recent attempt is the healthy habits chart. We are supposed to eat 5 fruits or veggies each day, limit ourselves to 2 hours total of TV, computer, DS, wii, etc., exercise, and do something nice for everyone in the family.

Notice I said attempt.

Not sure what happened but... I guess being healthy is too hard. ha.

Emma thought we needed another chart. She made one the other day for our dogs. I was busy cleaning or something and she'd yell, "Mommy, how do you spell...?" I figured out what she was doing. But to see it - well, seeing it was WAY cuter than thinking I knew what she was doing.



Translation:

No licking.
2 hours outside.
No fighting.
Eat breakfast.
Be nice.
Play with toys.
Love each other.

Don't listen - no couch. (HA!)

She misheard some of the letters I said, but I think that just makes it even cuter.

She put it on our fridge. Too funny. And just to make sure there are no misunderstandings...




I just happened to take a picture when Maggie was yawning but I was totally cracking up that her tongue is sticking out. I like to think that she was thinking, "I don't know who you think you are, Boss Girl, but I'm 13 and I don't have to listen to rules anymore. This is what I think of your rules."

HA HA HA! And maybe that's not even that funny, but when you're a stay at home mom you make up what the dogs are thinking. Oh yes you do... ;)

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

I'm cracking up!! This is entirely precious! LOVE IT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...