Friday, July 9, 2010

Being 4 is Funny

It is so funny to listen to a 4 year old develop her vocabulary. We went to an animal park last week and Emma was calling the camels - cannibals. And the zebras were sa-rebras.

It is also funny to watch a 4 year old develop her self-confidence. Luke and Emma have been going to a summer camp from 9:00-noon this week. When we picked them up today, she said, "Mommy, not one person told me I had pretty hair." I thought she was going to cry.

It is also funny to watch her develop into the woman she will be (according to Joe, all women are like this!) - "Wuke, wisten to me. I am the boss of you!"

It was funny to hear her prayer tonight: "Dear God, thank you for my pretty new beautiful room." (We just redid her room.)

And her deep thoughts: "When I am a grownup, I will still love horsies and cats. And oh yeah, deer too." Deer? Seriously?

And the way she encourages her brother: "Wuke, I know you are getting frustrated, Wuke, I know that. But you are doing a good job buddy! Slow down and take your time. Wuke. Wisten to me. Wuke. You can do it. Wuke, try your best, bud, you can do it! Wook what you can do when you do it!"

And her excuses. Me: Emma, how did you get black marker all over your legs?" Emma: "The marker did it, mommy." Technically, she is correct :)

And her explanations. After she wet her pants: "Mommy, I tried to make it to the bathroom but my legs wouldn't listen to me, they just didn't want to walk to the bathroom."

The joys of raising a 4 year old girl :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...