Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"My Sorry is Lost"

I almost feel guilty typing about all the things Emma says - you think Luke would say something every once in awhile too, but.... ;)

Luke just came down the hallway crying uncontrollably.

Me: "Luke, what's wrong? Are you okay?!"
Luke: "Emma is making my feelings hurt!"
Me: "Oh, she is?"
Joe: "Where do your feelings hurt, right here?" as he tickles his belly to try to divert the situation. Doesn't work.
Luke: "She is saying mean things to me!"
Me: "Really?"
Luke: "Yes, she is saying she doesn't love me, that she is better than me - and she even said she is better than God and that isn't true, mommy, because no one is better than God!" Sob, sob, cry, cry.
Me: "Well, you know that isn't true, so why are you believing her?"
Luke: cry, cry, cry, hug me, hug me.
Joe: "Emma, come here."
Emma appears from her room.
Joe: "Did you say those things to your brother? Tell the truth."
Emma: "Yes."
Joe: "Then you need to apologize to your brother, what you said isn't nice."
Emma: "I can't."
Me: "Why not?"
Emma: "Because my sorry is lost!" Cry cry cry.

Joe and I just looked at each other, trying not to laugh. How do you handle that answer?!?!

2 comments:

Jthemilker said...

So precious... reminds me of a time in my teen years. My sister broke my finger then spent weeks helping me at the stable. I would tell her every day "You help me because you're still sorry." After unloading a couple hundred bale of hay she said "You used up all your sorry." And she hasn't helped me since. :(

Mrs. Munchkin said...

well, you better go find it!
ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...