Friday, September 10, 2010

The words I never wanted to hear

I picked up Emma from her 2nd day of preschool today. She came running and gave me a big hug. I said, "How was school today?" and she said, "It was really good!"

Then she said, "Mommy, I didn't really miss you that much while I was at preschool today because I was too busy having too much fun."

My heart broke in two and fell on the floor. Not that I want her to be one of those kids who are crying and won't let their mom go. (Well, maybe just once. HA!) But come on, kid. Throw me a bone here!!!

Well, at least she couldn't step on my heart while it was on the floor since she ran into my arms and I picked her up and she snuggled up with me ;)

Maybe she missed me just a bit. Maybe???

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...