Thursday, June 10, 2010

"I know that already!"

Last night when we were putting the kids to bed, Luke had a breakdown. His drama lately is that the entire world is falling apart when something goes wrong.

He'll say comments like:
"That's it, I'm never playing with any of my toys ever again!"
"I'm running away to the woods were wolves will get me."
"I'm leaving this family. Do you want to get rid of me?"
"I'm just going to sit here all day and all night and not move and not do anything!"

All with the arms crossed and nose up in the air. Sometimes stomping of the feet, etc. You know, drama!

So last night as we were saying our prayers a breakdown came. So did the drama. I took his face in my hands and said, "I love you. Forever and ever. No matter what. You are an important part of this family and God made you special!"

He started to cry, hugged me and said goodnight. I didn't want Emma to feel left out, so I said, "And I love you too, baby."

She looked at me like I had 3 eyes and said, "Mommy. I KNOW that already!"

Oh good grief! How old is she???!!!

That reminds me... her 4th birthday is tomorrow. Yesterday she said, "Not tomorrow, yes tomorrow (as she counts her fingers up to 2 to see how many days are left) is my birsday! (s for th's) Let's get this party started!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...